Blyth freshwater angling club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Website Tweaking

4 posters

Go down

Website Tweaking Empty Website Tweaking

Post  mel Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:35 am

hi I have nearly finished tweaking the new website and hopefully it is easier for you all to read.
I have deliberately kept it simple so that members with sight problems like myself can access the information quickly and comfortably and because I have limited time at the moment.
Suggestions are welcome as are useful links etc Any content eg Photos tips articles (especially a scan of the recent Meggies bwrite up) can be emaled to either Dave or me at
mel.creighton@btopenworld.com
PS anyone who wants to go carping next year and wants to 1/2 travel costs etc get in touch.
Cheers and Merry Christmas
mel

mel

Back to top Go down

Website Tweaking Empty Re: Website Tweaking

Post  Markie Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:53 pm

May I suggest that the forum homepage be changed so that we have several forums on it instead of just BFAC

The reason for this is simple:

If you have say for instance:-

General
Meggies Burn
Newsham Pond
Competitions
Announcements
Away trips
Website links

Etc.

When you log into the forum homepage you will see a list of sub catagories and they will all show the last post information this way it makes finding posts so much easier and quicker.

Having one forum BFAC simply isnt the correct format for the PhpBB software to function to its best potential - I'm not having a pop at anyone this is just my suggestion and I think the site is doing really good at the minute.

have a look here for my example http://lightandcolours.com/bfac

P.S. Mel if you haven't time to look after the forum on your own i'm more than willing to help out, I have several websites of my own so I do know a thing or two about forums!

Markie

http://www.gameangler.eu

Back to top Go down

Post  melc Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:26 am

Thanks Markie thats great. Ive added the new forum to the menu but kept the old one as a reference.
I would be more than happy for any help as although I work in IT this is my first forray into using front page.
Ive got most of it sussed but think there are lots more things to learn so the website is a work in progress at the moment. I have added a link to game fishing as I enjoyed visiting and think others will too. If youre happy administrating the new forum thats brilliant but if youre not please emailme with the passwords etc and Ill do it.
mel.creighton@btopenworld.com
Any other members with content ideas or news etc ...feel free to contact me also its our site so lets make it as good as we can.
Merry Christmas,

melc

Back to top Go down

Post  jeff w Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:09 am

2 heads are better than 1 Very Happy
The other site does look a bit better Laughing

jeff w

Back to top Go down

Post  Markie Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:26 am

Hi Mel,

Didnt think you would use it as the site forum Shocked

I am more than happy watching over the forum if thats ok with the committee and it can also stay on my webhost if the club is happy with that.

It would be best if you register on the new site and I will make you admin of it this way we can both check the forum whenever we can do to make sure everything runs smoothly. I can add any of the committee as admin too if they would like to be added should help keep the forum a nice place and make it quicker to remove bad posts if you get any.

Markie

Back to top Go down

Post  Markie Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:49 am

Mel if you make me an administrator of this forum I can adjust the setup for you this way members dont need to re-register and the club dont loose all the posts that members have already made as I will just play about with the setup and layout abit to make it like my example forum.

Up to you, its easy to make me admin and when i've set up the forum you can make me back to a normal member if you want.

Markie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down